Re: [jetty-users] Contention in ServletHolder.handle()

Daniel,

Not sure exactly the lines in ServletHolder you're referring to, but I
assume its the synchronized block around line 652? If so, then this
code guards the initial startup of a servlet - if it isn't
load-on-startup, then any request coming in can initialize it.
Therefore, if you have multiple concurrent requests, you need to
protect the servlet startup so it happens only once.

Jan