[jetty-users] Contention in ServletHolder.handle()

Hi,

I've been doing some testing/benchmarking of Jetty 8 with Mule ESB and
seeming a decent amount of contention where it doesn't seem that
synchronization is required.

My test scenario is just a simple echo, all i do is read the request
stream and then respond.  The contention i'm seeing can be seen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbkdsk7ndfpzoj9/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-08%20at%209.35.34%20PM.png

Inspecting the code, I can't understand why this needs to even be synchonrized.

Any thoughts? Is there a config option I should be using that i'm not?
 Is my test scenario unrealistic?

thanks!
Dan

Back to the top