Re: [jetty-users] Problems connecting to Heroku/Jetty/Connection Pool

Those example codes seem to be using JDBC directly.
That's not a very good connection pool.
Consider setting up a proper connection pooling layer, such as:

 bonecp - http://jolbox.com/
 hikaricp - http://brettwooldridge.github.io/HikariCP/
 dbcp - http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/
 c3p0 - http://www.mchange.com/projects/c3p0/

Those will be the layer between your code, and your actual jdbc driver, providing connection (and often, statement) pooling.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts