[jetty-users] "Absent code" errors while running embedded jetty app in eclipse?

Folks;

unsure what to make of it: Meanwhile, my embedded jetty application builds and runs the way I want it, and the way it needs to do until I got rid of the embedded war container. However, there is one issue still confusing me: The project is a maven artifact developed and, at times, ran from within Eclipse. Situation:

- The project builds well in and outside Eclipse. Unzipping and running the outcome from the command line works perfectly well.

- Running the launcher class from within Eclipse, however, seems good at first but fails as soon as I try to access the webapp, in exceptions like this:

[...]
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
[...]

I have spent quite some time messing with the Eclipse launch configuration but failed to find what might be messed up here. Ideas, anyone?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

Back to the top