Re: [jetty-users] mod vs etc

You do not modify mod files.

They are metadata (structure if you wish) to help get startup ordering and requirements correct.

The recommended approach.
  1. Use a ${jetty.base} directory
  2. Enable https or spdy (which will bring in ssl) modules in your ${jetty.base}/start.ini

    $ cd /var/jetty/my-base
    $ grep module start.ini
    --module=https
    --module=deploy

  3. Edit your ${jetty.base}/start.ini to specify the properties you want to configure
$ cat start.ini
--module=https
--module=deploy

https.port=8443
https.timeout=30000

## SSL Keystore Configuration
# define the port to use for secure redirection
jetty.secure.port=8443

# Setup a demonstration keystore and truststore
jetty.keystore=etc/keystore
jetty.truststore=etc/keystore

# Set the demonstration passwords.
# Note that OBF passwords are not secure, just protected from casual observation
jetty.keystore.password=OBF:1vny1zlo1x8e1vnw1vn61x8g1zlu1vn4
jetty.keymanager.password=OBF:1u2u1wml1z7s1z7a1wnl1u2g
jetty.truststore.password=OBF:1vny1zlo1x8e1vnw1vn61x8g1zlu1vn4

To see what your configuration looks like ...

$ cd /var/jetty/my-base
$ java -jar /opt/jetty-dist/start.jar --list-config

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts