[jetty-users] JSR-356 Design Thought

Is it me or does anyone else feel like the annotation based setup of a WebSocket pojo is like trying to bring dynamic feel of node and python to java. Why not have concrete interfaces to implement vs methods to annotate, and if you screw up the signature it doesn't work as intended vs implementing an interface and knowing at compile time, and having code hinting in any ide.

One of the things I love about java is the rigidity, and that it is not dynamic, and I can reflect over  classes, and methods. It just feels like they are trying to do cool things with jsr-356, instead of a nice clean api.

I am just curious what others think about this

Back to the top