Re: [jetty-users] Upgrading to Jetty 9.1

Stefan,

On 29 January 2014 19:19, Stefan Magnus Landrø <stefan.landro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We're using the jdbc session id manager - it allows us to perform deploys
> without downtime. The first/last parts identify a hashed version of the
> hostname. Btw, performance-wise it sucks (there is lots of synchronization
> code in the AbstractSession(Id)Manager) - that's why we're in the process of
> writing our own Hazelcast-based session manager from scratch (without all
> the synchro code). Using jdbc, we can't do more than 10-20 logins per second
> per server, and that will give us problems down the road.

Is this referring to jetty-8 or jetty-9? Recently in jetty-9 there was
some unnecessary synchronization removed. However, I'm not sure that
the synchronization is necessarily the limiting factor here ....
database access tends to be the culprit speedwise, so it would be
interesting to know about your environment and what you are observing.

You may want to try the jetty mongodb session clustering solution?

It would be great to have a Hazelcast-based session implementation -
might be a good opportunity to collaborate between your company and
Webtide?

Jan

--
Jan Bartel <janb@xxxxxxxxxxx>