[jetty-users] Unable to run Jetty 9.1.1 with JSP in Karaf

Hi,

I have followed the instructions on http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/framework-jetty-osgi.html for setting up jsp support for Jetty. However, I am still getting the exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6349: Cannot find a java compiler for compilation.  If running with JDK 5 or before, Ant or JDT compiler can be used, if the corresponding jars and bridge classes (org.apache.jasper.compiler.AntJavaCompiler or org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTJavaCompiler) are included
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:378)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:119)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.initJavaCompiler(Compiler.java:773)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.<init>(Compiler.java:140)

I am running Karaf 3.0.0. I’ve placed the necessary jars in the Karaf /deploy folder and they seem to install and start fine. My test web application bundle also starts fine. The error occurs when I navigate to a jsp page.

Any ideas?

Mike

Back to the top