Re: [jetty-users] Starting jetty8 as a service on windows

Thanks Joakim.

The community edition of JavaServiceWrapper does not support the 64 bit architecture.  And in our application we support only 64 bit.

If this is the only option we may consider buying license for JavaServiceWrapper standard/Professional version.

From: jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joakim Erdfelt
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:44 PM
To: JETTY user mailing list
Subject: Re: [jetty-users] Starting jetty8 as a service on windows

Not really.

You have 2 choices.

1) use a native service wrapper to bridge the requirements of Windows services and Java applications.

2) embed jetty into your application using embedded-jetty techniques, then develop and create your own native executable that can start your java application while exposing the native service hooks.

With that being said, why is using a java service wrapper a negative to you?

We tend to like procrun / prunserv from Apache Commons-Daemon ourselves.

--

Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts