Re: [jetty-users] Sending Http requests over Spdy

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Nicholas Lun <nlun@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Apologies, I meant the following.
>
> If I initialize my connector like so it works.
>
> HTTPSPDYServerConnectionFactory spdy3 = new
> HTTPSPDYServerConnectionFactory(SPDY.V3, new HttpConfiguration(), new
> PushStrategy.None());
> ServerConnector spdyClientConnector = new ServerConnector(_jetty, spdy3);

Ok, so this sets up a clear-text http-over-spdy connector.
You should use the appropriate connector subclass instead:

ServerConnector spdyConnector = new HTTPSPDYServerConnector(_jetty,
SPDY.V3, new HttpConfiguration(), new PushStrategy.None());

> However, if I set up a spdy connector to have fallbacks like in this
> example:
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/examples/embedded/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/SpdyConnector.java
>
> I get a "400: Bad Message" error when I send a request to it via httpclient
> over spdy. The only difference with on the client side is that the
> httpclient is passed an sslContextFactory as a parameter)

You must make sure that if you are encrypting on the client side, you
also are on the server side.
Please use HTTPSPDYServerConnector; it does all the required magic to
setup NPN for you.

Let us know if it worked.

--
Simone Bordet