Re: [jetty-users] Dynamic Servlet Registration

Hi Jan and Lothar,

Thanks again for the help. Yes, Grails is a Tomcat world. According to the Tomcat plugin’s page (http://www.grails.org/plugin/tomcat), it’s used by 100% of Grails users. Of course, that’s 100% of the users who report statistics.

I did not realize that Jetty 7 does not support servlet 3.0. That is an Atmosphere Framework requirement, so I’ll have to let my plugin user know the bad news.

The Jetty plugin (http://www.grails.org/plugin/jetty) is maintained by the Grails core developers, so I don’t know why it’s so far behind version-wise. At least I didn’t know before Lothar’s reply.

The plugin implements EmbeddableServer (https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-jetty/blob/master/src/groovy/org/grails/jetty/JettyServer.groovy), but without 3.0 support there’s not much I can do.

Ken

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Lothar Kimmeringer <job@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 18.10.2013 06:27, schrieb Jan Bartel:

> Moreover, isn't it confusing for Grails users that the Tomcat version
> in use supports servlet 3.0, but the jetty version doesn't??? Really
> sounds like Grails needs to update a version - do you have any
> contacts within Grails to advocate for that?

I think the reason for that might have to do with the fact, that
Jetty 8 and higher needs a more or less complete rewrite of the
jetty-configuration-XML-files. 7.6 is the last version where e.g.
the old addConnector-methods worked with SelectChannelConnector
as parameter existed.

So updating to a newer version will lead to quite some work on
the Grails developers' side or the user base that has to change
their configuration files manually.

Best regards, Lothar