Re: [jetty-users] Upgrading from 8.1.8 to 9.1.0

On 14/10/2013 14:18, Lothar Kimmeringer wrote:
I had no intention to start a blame-game here. You always learn the
advantages of disadvantages of new things after a while in the wild.

Absolutely. And it has worked well for the last decade with only a handful of reconfigurations when making major version changes, despite all my moaning.

A better approach would be to keep the class/method that performs
the new steps to achieve the same or (if that is not possible)
throws an Exception that contains the new XML-fragment or a pointer
to the example in the jetty-etc-directory leading to the same result.

Nice idea!

The creme-de-la-creme-solution would be a parser that converts a
given XML-configuration to the new format (in general that should
be possible by XSLT but I'm no expert in that).

Anything is possible in XSLT, which is kind of like saying "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" :-)

--
John English

Back to the top