[jetty-users] How to prevent No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath?

Hi,
I am ruuning jetty (8.1.13) via the maven-jetty plugin.  When I start up jetty, there is a minute of waiting time before the following log entry:

"No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath".

I've seen some references to it - http://code.google.com/p/run-jetty-run/issues/detail?id=140 and https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1503 but I haven't been able to understand the reason for this or how to speed the boot time.
I have tried the following:
1) adding metadata-complete="true". I was assuming this would prevent Jetty from scanning the complete classpath, but it doesn't.

2) Adding an org.eclipse.jetty.server.webapp.WebInfIncludeJarPatter configuration (see https://gist.github.com/mmalmeida/6729080)
This didn't influence boot time either. I am unsure if I did something wrong in the configuration and would be glad if you could confirm this.

On a bit of context, I am running a Struts web app, where Spring is used mainly for IoC.

I would be glad if someone could share his knowledge and help me understand this better - namely, why it happens and what my options are.

Thank you,

Miguel Almeida

Back to the top