Re: [jetty-users] jetty 8. Swallowed InterruptedException and possible endless loop in org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.blockWritable

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM, potter_ru <igor.poteryaev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm. I was wrong about root cause of our problem with stucked threads.

When i compared state of one thread "qtp448926252-1848" in two threads dumps
taken in two days interval, i found that thread was stucked
in com.atlassian.gzipfilter.GzipResponseStream.write, not in
SelectChannelEndPoint.blockWritable,
so the root cause is not in jetty code.

Part of threads dump taken at 2013-09-27:

and part of threads dump taken at 2013-09-29:

Google found several links devoted to thread safety issue with GZip
implementation in jdk,
so i'll try to disable response gzipping filter.

Are you saying that using the GzipFilter isn't thread-safe?

If so, could you provide a reference?

Nevertheless, please, don't swallow InterruptedException

--
Best regards,
    Igor Poteryaev