Re: [jetty-users] Adding npn-boot to the bootclasspath using Maven

The key is that Xbootclasspath can only be set on JVM startup.  It cannot be set after the JVM is initialized.
So your exec-maven-plugin configuration must use "exec:exec", not "exec:java".
Which means you'll have to find the jvm binary for the <executable> and your <arguments> have to include the -Xbootclasspath you need to execute.
Also, don't forget that the the npn jar is JVM dependant, so you'll likely want to configure the appropriate npn version based on your JVM.
See the <profile> sections in the root pom.xml from jetty 9.x for examples on this.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts