Re: [jetty-users] Buffers in Jetty 8

It is for performance.

When you start writing content, it initially goes into a buffer.  Once the response is committed, we need to generate a header, which can be of variable size.  So rather than moving the content up in it's buffer we use a separate header buffer and then to a gather write to write the headers and content as a single write.

cheers