Re: [jetty-users] Jetty client

2013/9/6 Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Mikhail Mazursky <ash2kk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Few questions about Jetty Client:
>
> 1. Do it support SNI [1]? For example Apache Http Client do not [2] and we
> want to switch maybe to Jetty Client or some other.

Not sure about your question here.
The client side of SNI is taken care of in modern JDKs, which send the
SNI TLS extension by default to servers.
The current problem in Java is that it is not readable by servers.

AFAIK only SSL connections created using URL class use SNI. SSL sockets that are created manually have to be explicitly set to use SNI by using setHost method (as demonstrated by the link in the Ryan's email). But I may be wrong here.

> 2. Are there any plans to support JSR-339 [3]? I think it can be usefull to
> abstract implementation and be able to switch them. I found two
> implementations of this JSR - Jersey [4] (reference implementation) and
> Apache CXF [5]. I'm not sure what the CXF project is but looks like it
> supports this JSR.

JSR 339 is about a REST API on the server side.
I am not sure what you mean here about the client side.

JSR 339 also defines client api, take a look at chapter 5 of the spec.

> 3. Do Jetty Client use NIO to do I/O or traditional blocking I/O API? E.g.
> Jersey uses thread pool and traditional I/O to do async requests (AFAIK) and
> this may not suit my needs.

Jetty's HttpClient is completely based on NIO, completely asynchronous.

That is great! I wiil take a closer look.

Thank you for answers, Simone.

Regards,
Mikhail.

Back to the top