Re: [jetty-users] uploading the file with httpclient

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Makc <makc.the.great@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The hint seems to be this: "The POST request is sent with the
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded content type, and POST parameter values
> are automatically URL-encoded" while curl man page
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#-F says -F "causes curl to POST data
> using the Content-Type multipart/form-data". So it looks like I need to
> change request content type. contentType parameter in Request.file seems to
> be mime type, actually. So I again is clueless where to specify it :(

At the moment we do not support multipart uploads out of the box.
Not all file uploads are uploaded via multipart :)

As a workaround, you have to manually produce the multipart content
with a custom ContentProvider.

In any case, please add a feature request to support a simpler way to
perform multipart uploads in HttpClient at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jetty.

Thanks !

--
Simone Bordet