Re: [jetty-users] Jetty9 client POST won't add params

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Sebastian Gutierrez <scgm11@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> if I add Content-type x-www-form-urlencoded to the header, the parameter is
> passed

This has been changed in 9.0.4 due to too much surprise.

> but making a trace with wireshark,
>
> I can see the params are attached to the URI and not send as data.
>
> the server complains with

With ?

> contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been
> consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request
> parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected.
> Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as
> expected.

Sorry I don't understand... perhaps you deleted a paragraph before sending ?

In 9.0.4 it will be that if you add param(name, value), it is appended
to the URI as query string, always, no matter the method you use (GET
vs POST).

If you want a form upload, then you have to set the right content-type
and put your parameters as the body, as it should be in a form upload.

This is the only way to give maximum flexibility, because people wants
to do form uploads with query strings, and want to keep the 2
separate.

--
Simone Bordet
----