[jetty-users] Two web apps in one vm which communicate with each other

Hello,

I am running an embedded Jetty 8.1.11 server. I have two web applications deployed in the same server.

Web App A is called from an external source via a HTTP GET request and now needs to contact the servlet of Web App B. I am currently using HttpUrlConnection from Java to send a POST request to the servlet of Web App B.  Requesting an OutputStream and writing the body of the POST request works, but when I try to read the result, I will receive a SocketReadTimeout exception. It seems as if servlet B only receives the request after the request send to servlet A completes.

Is such a scenario possible with Jetty?

Thanks and regards

Jan Rosczak

Back to the top