Re: [jetty-users] How to configure Jetty 9 so x509 client certificate is transferred in https requests?

Alex,

I'm using the maven plugin and followed the "Configuring a Https Connector"
instructions at
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/jetty-maven-plugin.html#configuring-jetty-container
with the following caveats:

- the plugin didn't like the <Configure id="sslContextFactory"
class="org.eclipse.jetty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory"> tag, since
SslContextFactory is not a server, so I combined jetty.xml, jetty-ssl.xml
and jetty-https.xml into one file and replaced the Configure tag with New
tag for SslContextFactory.

- I added the following tag to the SslContextFactory:
        <Set name="NeedClientAuth">
            <Property name="jetty.needclientauth" default="true"/>
        </Set>

Sounds like you tried something like this for standalone Jetty (not the
maven plugin), but this worked for me.

I do get abort behavior for IE (sometimes after identifying the cert), but
Ffx and Chrome work properly. That is, they ask for the cert and the page is
rendered. Java clients (e.g. SoapUI) work properly as well.