[jetty-users] create user programatically

Hi,

Is there a way to create a new jetty user from within a running jetty app? The end-user scenario is self-registration for a website. Preferably this should be done through some kind of API which is agnostic of the currently used user storage.

If not, what is the most secure non-programmatic way to achieve this, which comes out of the box with Jetty? Is db store with Crypt encryption my best bet? If I add a new user to the DB (or the property file if i am using that storage), will it be read by Jetty on the next logon attempt?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards, Dimitar

Back to the top