[jetty-users] Possible to implement lower-level protocols in Jetty?

We use Jetty to communicate via http with the outside world. For high-speed communication within our cluster, though, we're considering something without the overhead of http, something like Thrift or Protocol buffers.

Is it possible to implement these things in Jetty itself? Is there some place to insert a lower-level handler? We really don't want to give up all of Jetty's cool asynchronous NIO stuff.

We'd also rather not switch to Netty to make this work.

Back to the top