[jetty-users] How to diagnose intermittent timeouts?

Hi,

I'm running a jetty v7.6.9 instance on windows xp.

I have a cron job running every 15 minutes from an external google app engine instance which opens a servlet on the jetty instance to check if jetty is still running.

I'm starting to getĀ intermittentĀ timeouts now. The connect and read timeout from app engine are set to 60 seconds each.

I'm not sure where to start diagnosing the problem. The jetty instance is getting a fair bit of traffic (it's acting as a game server). I've had this setup running for about two years without issue - maybe I've passed some threshold in active users such that the one instance can't keep up?

This timeout doesn't happen on every connection attempt from the app engine instance, maybe only 25% of the time.

I was looking at setting up some monitoring finally [http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Reference/jetty-monitor], but not sure what specifically I can use to try to figure out if I'm just hitting capacity, or it's some other problem,

Thank you

Back to the top