[jetty-users] Does Nio connector allow seamless redeploy of new server process ?

Somewhat accidentally I learned that SelectChannelConnector allows a
second jetty to be started that will basically take over the port once
the first jetty process terminates.

I somehow assume this feature is intentional; I couldn't find any docs
about it in jetty. Are there any docs I can read about this feature
anywhere ?

What kind of behaviour can I expect from this mechanism, is there any
way to gracefully make the old instance finish requests to achieve
near zero downtime ?

Regards,

Kristian Rosenvold

Back to the top