[jetty-users] Minimalistic SPDY proxy setup using Jetty 9.0.0

Hi all,
I'm kind of lost setting up a simple Jetty SPDY proxy configuration on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine with OpenJDK 7. I have read the SPDY documentation, but can't seem to get it going.

Say I have a regular (backend) web server running on the same machine, listening for incoming HTTP request on port 7070. I want to setup the proxy as a frontend such that HTTP over SPDY/3 requests are forwarded to localhost:7070. Given the new Jetty 9.0.0 distribution, what would be the *concrete* steps to set this up as simple as possible?

I would say these are the steps, but what about step 3 and 4?
1- Unpack the distribution; cd into it
2- Download npn-boot-1.1.2.v20130305.jar from repo1.maven.org, and copy to the lib directory
3- Change the start.ini file: exactly what changes for a minimalistic setup?
4- Change the etc/jetty-spdy-proxy.xml file: exactly what changes? Self-signed certificate is ok.
5- Run it with: java -jar start.jar

Thx,
Arjan

Back to the top