Re: [jetty-users] Modify order of headers returned

That's a violation of the RFC2616 - The HTTP/1.1 spec.

"The order in which header fields with differing field names are received is not significant."

Header field order is only relevant when there are multiple message-headers with the same field-name value.

We have no tests in jetty to test for header order beyond the requirement for multiple values across a common name field.
The client library that you are using needs to conform to the HTTP/1.1, as any hack you come up with on the server side will not work reliably or predictably now or in the future.

An ugly hack, which is not guaranteed to work in the latest Jetty 9 (for example), would be to have a javax.servlet.Filter that sets a response Cookie header as the first thing it does before it forwards the request to the javax.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(request,response).  This *might* have the desired end result you want.  But this behavior is just relying on the unpredictable nature of the order in/out of a java.util.Map implementation, which is unspecified.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Developer advice, services and support