Re: [jetty-users] Trusting all client certificates still causes certificates not in trust store to fail (9.0.0.M3)

Even if Jetty does not directly handle this part of the negotiation, it should be able to forward the parameters I give it to the code that does. Hence if there is a "trust all" setting in Jetty, it probably passes this setting on to somewhere else (possibly sets the corresponding flag in the SSLEngine instance that it creates?).

The curious thing here is that M3 version at least works when the client certificate is in the trust store, but with RC0 the browser gets the information that one of the certificates I have should fit, but when it actually sends the certificate, it throws the same error when client has no matching certificates or has sent a non-matching certificate.

And I thought the trust store was for actual client certificates, not the CA certificates the client certificates should be signed with. Or does this work both ways? With M3 it works just fine when the client certificate itself is in trust store. If I can keep CA certificates in there, what I want to do could work in offline mode (without doing OCSP check manually),
but then I'd also have to be able to specify a revocation list.

But with both versions the trust all thing doesn't seem to have any effect.

Ago