Re: [jetty-users] application authentication

Know that what Larry McCay pointed out is the access for that security information (the database query / read part of it).

You can still have your application handle the mangement / write aspects of this data in its own way.  (there's really no standard or spec for this)
Thus having the security be application specific, with its own users and roles.
It really depends on how complicated you want to go.

Where the user and role data comes from is completely configurable.
The server will just use whatever Realm (aka LoginService) provider you tell it to use, even your own.

Just implement your own org.eclipse.jetty.security.LoginService and provide it to the Server via .addBean().

Example of using Server.addBean() to add a LoginService using jetty xml.
http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/test-jetty-webapp/src/main/config/etc/jetty-testrealm.xml?h=jetty-8

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Developer advice, services and support