[jetty-users] OSGI and ServletContextListener

Hello.

We deploy our aplication under Equinox 3.8.1 using Jetty 8.1.6 by publishing ContextHandler service instances. Each ContextHandler instance have one or more ServletContextListener attached to it. When Jetty deploys the service it calls contextInitialized() method on listeners but when our bundle is stopped from osgi console (and it deregisters ContextHandler instances explicitly) the contextDestroyed() methods are not called at all. They are called by org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ShutdownThread when the osgi container is gonig to shutdown. I think it's a bug and contextDestroyed() should be called when we unregister our services.

Back to the top