Re: [jetty-users] New HttpClient holds resources

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:09 PM, ccleve <ccleve.tech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm writing code that uses the new Jetty 9 HttpClient. Unfortunately, you
> have to start() it and later stop() it, else it holds resources and doesn't
> let the JVM stop. (I assume it's got some threads still running internally.)
>
> Is this really necessary?

The lifecycle, i.e. calling start() and stop(), is necessary because
HttpClient pools connections for performance reasons, and coordinates
a number of other components that have the same lifecycle.
This is a good practice that is used throughout any threaded
component, outside Jetty too.

> Or is it an essential element in an Async NIO
> implementation?
>
> I'm concerned about resource leaks.

What resource leaks ?

If you stop() HttpClient, it should release all resources.

Simon
--
http://cometd.org
http://webtide.com