[jetty-users] (Embedded) Jetty 9, SSL virtual hosts and multiple certificates

Hi,

I am currently trying to write an application with an embedded Jetty 9
that has multiple virtual hosts (via ContextHandler). I would like to
use different certificates for each virtual host.

I am aware that the SSL connection is created before the HTTP request is
sent, but as far as I know the TLS Server Name Indication should allow
to extract the requested virtual host during the TLS handshake - which
should allow virtual host detection on connection setup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication

I spent some time now searching for an example how to configure multiple
virtual hosts with dedicated certificates for each host, but could not
find a hint how to do that. Is that even possible?

Any help is appreciated - no matter if it is for an embedded or
standalone jetty.

Regards,
  Stefan

Back to the top