[jetty-users] org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl

Hi ,

I have a web service application (WTP project) on eclipse and it contains JSP pages. I deploy this application by exporting WAR file into /webapp/ directory and run the jetty server normally on my machine and everything works fine. When I deploy the same WAR on another machine (server) I get the following exception whenever I go to a JSP page (e.g. index.jsp):

org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl

org.apache.jasper.runtime.ElContextImpl is found in /lib/jsp/ in the jetty directory, but I have no idea where the other class is coming from. I found tomcat jars in the build path of the project as I was deploying on tomcat before and removed them but still getting the same exception.

Full exception trace can be found in this question on StackOverflow

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12384779/org-apache-jasper-el-elcontextimpl-cannot-be-cast-to-org-apache-jasper-runtime-e

and all libraries in the /lib/WEB-INF/ folder can be found in another question

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12407105/jars-shipped-in-war-conflicting-with-jetty/12409781#comment16679501_12409781

I copied the contents of the /lib/ WEB_INF folder from a previous maven project. These jars were put there by maven, and I created a new WTP project to get rid of maven and just copied all jars.

I also don’t understand why jetty-*.jar files are the lib/WEB_INF/ directory as these jars are in the jetty /lib folder, if I remove them and deploy locally on my machine I get exceptions about missing classes from these jars.

On my local machine I have jetty 8.1.5 and jdk 1.7, while on the server jetty 8.1.3 and jdk 1.7.

Any thoughts about this problem?

Kind Regards,

Sami

Back to the top