Re: [jetty-users] Scalability of ProxyServlet$Transparent and Tomcat

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Gian Luca Ortelli
<gianluca.ortelli@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (this will probably mess up the thread, I didn't received the replies
> because I was on digest mode)
>

> Thanks for the explanation,
>
> I just made a quick try with transparent proxy on top of Jetty and it seems
> to work fine, from the little I know of Jetty: lots of concurrent requests are
> handled without needing a corresponding number of threads.
>
> I think I was put a bit off track by this page about the continuation:
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Continuations#Jetty_Continuations
>
> it says that the Continuation mechanism would work on any servlet 3.0
> container,
> and since I saw some use of continuations in transparent's source,
> I just assumed that it would run fine on Tomat 7.
>
> It was probably wishful thinking, since we have to deal with Tomcat :)

Jetty Continuations do work with any Servlet 3 servlet container.
The problem is whether the servlet container has a robust
implementation of the servlet 3 asynchronous features.
We had reports that Tomcat's was not as stable as Jetty's, but not
sure how things changed. Certainly you want to use the latest Tomcat
possible.

Simon
--
http://cometd.org