Re: [jetty-users] JSP using Java 1.7?

On 12/07/2012 10:28, Jan Bartel wrote:
John,

Ooops, you may need to set the init param "compilerSourceVM" instead (to 1.7).

That makes a difference -- with compilerTargetVM I get the message I
told you about (use -source 7 or higher to enable try-with-resources).
With compilerSourceVM I get this:

  PWC6345: There is an error in invoking javac.  A full JDK (not just
  JRE) is required

but with both compilerSourceVM and compilerTargetVM it works!

The error messages are not the clearest I've ever seen; I spent a few
minutes scratching my head and making sure I was using the JDK to start
Jetty, and taking out the try-with-resources and seeing if it worked...
but I finally got there with your help.

Although, re-reading your initial email, it seems like you are using
an old version of jetty-7, so this may not work with the version of
jsp engine in that. If you can upgrade to 7.6.4 I think you should
find that the init param(s) will work.

No, I figured that out and upgraded to 8.1.4.

Many thanks for the magic spells that solved this for me!
--
John English

Back to the top