[jetty-users] JSP using Java 1.7?

I'm a bit confused about how the Jetty JSP implementation locates
a compiler to use. Using Jetty 7.2.0, I get this error when I try
to access a JSP page which uses the new try-with-resources statement:

  HTTP ERROR 500

  Problem accessing /times.jsp. Reason:

      PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

  PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 6 in the jsp file: /times.jsp
  PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
  Syntax error on token "(", { expected

  PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 6 in the jsp file: /times.jsp
  PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
  Syntax error on token ")", ; expected

  PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
  Syntax error, insert "}" to complete Block

  PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
  Syntax error, insert "Finally" to complete TryStatement

The javac in the path at the time I start the server is in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin", but it doesn't
look like it's using it. I also have a JDK 1.6 which is not
on the path at all in "C:\Program File\Java\jdk1.6.0_23"

I downloaded a copy of 8.1.4 to see if it was due to using an oldish
version of Jetty, but then I get this:

  HTTP ERROR 500

  Problem accessing /times.jsp. Reason:

  PWC6345: There is an error in invoking javac.  A full JDK (not just
  JRE) is required

Again, the path points to JDK 1.7, but again, it doesn't seem to use
it. Can anyone enlighten me how to point Jetty at my JDK 1.7? Ideally
I want to do this with my existing 7.2.0 configuration; migrating to
8.1.4 is going involve me in extra work which I can do without for
the moment.

TIA,
--
John English