Re: [jetty-users] Simplest way to detect: Hey, where'd my thread go?

I totally agree with you and rational.

But still, my question stands: what is the simplest or intended way (asking, since you guys might have something similar in Jetty already), to have some UncaughtExceptionHandler (or maybe some Jetty specific class) installed in Jetty threads (when running embedded)?

Point is, that _nothing_ got logged after OOM, nothing is visible "from outside", and my Nexus continued to live and happily served (!) things after the incident. I have to point out that OOM is not due to a leak, but one request in buggy code causes it, and in a moment it died and thread removed, JVM got plenty of memory...

So, to be able to emit at least a big bold warning, to try to shut down Jetty, _something_ ... , as leaving OOM unnoticed -- even if I agree with rationale -- is not okay for me in this case...

Do I have access to ThreadGroup? How can I instrument threads and/or thread creation in Jetty?

Thanks,
~t~