[jetty-users] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.ProxyServlet$Transparent

I've subclassed ProxyServlet.Transparent for our own proxy server. It runs fine in Eclipse. When I start the server at the command line using start.jar, I get the ClassNotFoundException in the title.

My subclass is in a jar that I put in /lib/mysubdirectory, and I added that subdirectory in start.ini with OPTIONS=Server,....,mysubdirectory

It looks like ProxyServer.Transparent is in jetty-servlets.x.x.x.jar, which is in the /lib directory. If I'm reading the code in start.config in start.jar correctly, it should get picked up and put on the classpath properly.

I'm loading my proxy subclass in web.xml using a <servlet> tag.

Is start.jar doing some funny classloader stuff that keeps that class invisible? How can I make it visible?

Back to the top