Re: [jetty-users] java.lang.IllegalStateException: !Selecting

Hi Jurjan,

which specific jetty version are you running?

Cheers,
Thomas

On Thu May 31 22:38:11 2012, Jurjan Woltman wrote:
Hi all,

Today I encountered an exception while staring my webapplication with
it's embedded Jetty server (Jetty 8). We're using this pre-configured
embedded Jetty server for multiple applications. This works perfectly,
but somehow one application gives an illegalstateexception:
!selecting. I did some googling, added logging, looked at the Jetty
sources. But somehow I can't understand what this exception is all
about, what's the cause and eventually come up with a solution. Can
some please explain to me what this is about? Thanks in advance!

Cheers Jurjan

---- The extract from the log file --

    | java.lang.IllegalStateException: !Selecting
jvm 1    |     at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectorManager.doStart(SelectorManager.java:309)
jvm 1    |     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
jvm 1    |     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AggregateLifeCycle.doStart(AggregateLifeCycle.java:58)
jvm 1    |     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:319)
jvm 1    |     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:251)
jvm 1    |     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:274)
jvm 1    |     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
jvm 1    |     at nl.cjib.jetty.server.Server.initAndStart(Server.java:62)
jvm 1    |     at
nl.cjib.jetty.server.Bootstrapper.startServer(Bootstrapper.java:54)
jvm 1    |     at
nl.cjib.jetty.server.Bootstrapper.main(Bootstrapper.java:34)
jvm 1    |     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
jvm 1    |     at
jvm 1    |     at
jvm 1    |     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
jvm 1    |     at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperJarApp.run(WrapperJarApp.java:394)
jvm 1    |     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
jvm 1    | ]