Re: [jetty-users] Vert.x-like functionality in Jetty?

Jetty's SelectChannelConnector can manage ~200K connected clients
fairly easily. You can use Jetty's continuations API (or the
equivalent in Servlet 3.0 w/ Jetty 8+) to allow idle connections to be
parked efficiently.

This is what CometD does, and it's currently handling ~100K connected
clients in production at Yammer.

(It's also worth noting that even a thread-per-connection model on a
modern Linux system with a large heap can handle hundreds of thousands
of concurrent connections. It's less memory efficient, but it's still
very doable.)