[jetty-users] Serving static files w/ embedded Jetty

I'm trying to build a simple demo app with embedded Jetty that serves static files from a "html" directory that's a subdirectory of the current working directory. The idea is that the directory with the demo jar and content can be moved to a new location and still work.

I've tried variations of the following, but I keep getting 404s.

    ServletContextHandler context = new ServletContextHandler(ServletContextHandler.SESSIONS);
    context.setContextPath("/");

    context.getInitParams().put("org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.Default.resourceBase", "html");
    context.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new DefaultServlet()), "/html");

    Server jetty = new Server(8080);
    jetty.setHandler(context);

    jetty.start();

Any ideas?

I posted this to StackOverflow, in case anyone wants to answer there as well and score the reputation points:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10284584/serving-static-files-w-embedded-jetty

Thanks!
Jeremy

Back to the top