[jetty-users] bad network connection and missing body content over post

Greetings,

I am running Jetty 8.1.2 and I am seeing invalid body content from connections/networks with high ping latency (also dropping packets). The one network I saw this from had a ~ 167 ms ping latency with ~ 8% dropped packets (only ran ping for a couple of minutes).

The client sending the data is a a Python application using urllib2 to POST some binary data.

I added some debug logic to look at the Content-Length and it is being set properly, but the data length is either zero or incomplete. In the case of the server above, the Content-Length is 2002 and body is zero (although, as mentioned, sometimes it receives partial data).

I recently upgraded to 8.1.2 from the 6.x series and this is when I started seeing the problem.

The error is is intermittent...

Any suggestions, ideas or known bugs?

Thanks,

-Ryan