Re: [jetty-users] Jetty HttpClient & ContentExchange

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 03:28, zia <zia7770@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Simone, Thank you very much for answering all my questions. May I ask
> more?
>
> 1. I did not find any explanation of the boolean parameter 'cacheFields'
> ContentExchange(boolean cacheFields)
> http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-7/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/client/ContentExchange.html#ContentExchange(boolean)
> here in API . Could any one explain please?

If false, the response fields are discarded, otherwise they are kept
in the exchange.

> 2. For blocking method, waitForDone(): "Wait until the exchange is "done".
> Done is defined as when a final state has been passed to the HttpExchange
> via the associated onXxx call. Note that an exchange can transit a final
> state when being used as part of a dialog (eg SecurityListener. Done status
> is thus defined as:
> done == onConnectionFailed || onException || onExpire || onRequestComplete
> && onResponseComplete"
>
> I would like to confirm the mapping between these onXxx calls and the
> corresponding Exceptions they throw and the corresponding HttpExchange
> Fields returned by the waitForDone() method. Please correct the mapping in
> the following table if I am wrong and please tell me the value marked ?????.
>
> onXxx call                          Exception Classes
> HttpExchange Field
> -----------------------          ---------------------
> ---------------------
> onConnectionFailed            ConnectException                   ?????
> onException                       Exception
> STATUS_EXCEPTED
> onExpire                                  SocketTimeoutException
> STATUS_EXPIRED
> onRequestComplete &&      NOT APPLICABLE                    STATUS_COMPLETED
> onResponseComplete

The table got garbled, but onConnectionFailed maps to
ConnectExceptions and other exceptions that may be thrown at connect
time, while onException for exceptions happening after the connection
has been established.
Method onExpire() is called when the idle timeout expires, not when a
SocketTimeoutException is thrown.

Simon
--
http://cometd.org