[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[jetty-users] jetty and less memory consumption that tomcat etc.
- From: S Ahmed <sahmed1020@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:41:42 -0500
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.229.135.85 as permitted sender) email@example.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=pwH4aPOT1UBa9gnzLfjhafAb3T2QFtdkDxEjRw0JfPU=; b=oo4RRe26/bxJotJVry3VhMc8jgDqGkEVNPeFl5mRjsE/yiocUJCsfi+6UZEddwTG+a 27/w6soBmxmMBxWyjZitXy8EZ1EI1dnPi7A/PER3lsLDLvXclvPtJRIMxa49EjxQEUQf hO12hzJjJZwbNSR6KYqhoErVuWtnjXMQ3AWLM=
I have a server that doesn't have as much memory as I would like to I switching over to jetty.
I have read how jetty uses less memory that tomcat (for example).
To better understand this, does this mean the jetty process excluding the actual application uses less memory or does it mean that somehow jetty loads the application in such a way that it consumes less memory?
If it is simply the jetty process that consumes less memory, how much does it use and how much would tomcat use?
My sysadmin skills are still in progress so I'm not sure how to do this myself since there could be other factors i may be missing.