[jetty-users] jetty and less memory consumption that tomcat etc.

I have a server that doesn't have as much memory as I would like to I switching over to jetty.

I have read how jetty uses less memory that tomcat (for example).

To better understand this, does this mean the jetty process excluding the actual application uses less memory or does it mean that somehow jetty loads the application in such a way that it consumes less memory?

If it is simply the jetty process that consumes less memory, how much does it use and how much would tomcat use?

My sysadmin skills are still in progress so I'm not sure how to do this myself since there could be other factors i may be missing.

Back to the top