Re: [jetty-users] Enabling DEBUG-level logging in embedded Jetty?

You are looking at the old Jetty 6.x docs at docs.codehaus.org.

DEBUG logging is just a logging level determined by the logging implementation you choose to use.

* If you use slf4j, then use slf4j's docs for configuring logging level.
  http://slf4j.org/manual.html

* If you use java.util.logging, use the JVM docs.
  http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/logging/overview.html

* If you use the built-in StdErrLog, then there is a pattern to follow.

-D{classref}.LEVEL={level}

Where {classref} is the class reference you want to set the level on, and all sub-class refs.
and {level} is one of the values ALL, DEBUG, INFO, WARN

Example:
-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=INFO  - this will enable INFO level logging for all jetty packages / classes.
-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.io.LEVEL=DEBUG - this will enable DEBUG level logging for IO classes only
-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.servlet.LEVEL=ALL - this will enable ALL logging (trace events, internally ignored exceptions, etc..) for servlet packages.
-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.LEVEL=ALL - this will enable level ALL+ on the specific class only.

--
Joakim Erdfelt
joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://webtide.com | http://intalio.com