Re: [jetty-users] WebSockets slowness

Hi Patrick,

in general this is a good starting point for you: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/High_Load

Regarding your current problem, it's crucial to identify the bottleneck of your setup. First thing to do is to throw some thread dumps during a high load period (kill -3 jetty_pid on *nix). By analyzing the dumps you can see what your threads are busy with and if there's for example some resource contention to a database.
The next step would be some profiling tool like jprofiler or yourkit maybe together with some reproducable loadtests to analyze the problem isolated on a non production server.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,
Thomas