Re: [jetty-users] WebSockets: Specific Client Message

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 02:54, Seonhong Ahn <seonhong.ahn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi..
>
> According to jetty Web application architecture,
>
> ServletHandler is located in the lastest..
>
> So, I tried to adapt DefaultHandler to WebSocketHandler... but it didn't
> work..
>
> I don't know why...

You cannot use a ServletContextListener, which is an entity that is
attached to a Server, to start and stop the server itself.

> Is really there no way except Servlet for WebSocket..?

That's the simplest way. You build a standard web application, you
create your WebSocketServlet subclass, map it in web.xml, and you're
done.

I'd recommend to start with that.

Simon
--