[jetty-users] Jetty refuses to accept new request

Hi everyone

We have Jetty embedded in our eclipse osgi server application.

Everything worked fine until we upgraded to using Jetty 7.5.4.v20111024 and Java 7.

Now we have serious troubles with our application.

From one moment to the other the web server does not accept new requests.
That means users connecting new to the server do not get a response from the server. It seems as if the call is hanging at the server side.
First we thought this could be a memory issue.

But we found out that this is not the case.

Users that to have their sessions can happily work and the server handles their request without problems.

It looks as if the web server cannot accept requests from clients that are new.

We are booting our application every morning now.

Sometimes the server is up for 2-3 days until this issue occurs.
But sometimes this happens already 2 hours after starting.

So it seems that it has nothing to do with workload, memory usage or computer resources.

We are totally desperate and hope that somebody can give us a hint, what might be the problem.

Best regards from Switzerland

Peter Henzler

Back to the top