Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 8.0.0 - 8.0.4 not closing connections using SelectChannelConnector

Hi Jan and Volodia,

I was very interested in this post, because I have the same on one of my
production server online (embedded jetty ver 8).
Jan, thanks for your update, but as Volodia already explain, there are still
dead sockets with FIN_WAIT2 state with new version.

Volodia, currently we are using one shell script (put in cron job on every
30 minutes), to check out current sockets with FIN_WAIT2 state with this
command:
netstat -an|awk '/tcp/ {print $6}'|sort| uniq -c

we have following logic: if WIN_WAIT2 is between 20000 and 50000 and
ESTABLISHED is less then 3000 (we don't have too many online users), then we
are restarting java application. If FIN_WAIT2 is bigger then 50000, then we
immediately restart java application. The only downside of this is that
website is unavailable for 10-15 seconds needed for restart.

I also have two questions so if anyone have tried that pls answer ).
1.) Has anyone try with old stable version of jetty 6.5
2.) Has anyone try without using servlets 3.0, but lower version/spec like
2.x (because implementation of servlets 3.0 can make actually this problem
with dead connections)

pecko