[jetty-users] Adding Credential Types?

I'd like to extend the authentication system in an embedded Jetty 7 to use a custom variant of JDBCLoginService so that it knows the password format without requiring the prefix:data format (for example md5:hash). I can see how I could build and set a new LoginService but how would I go about adding additional Credential types to be used?

Alternately I'd even settle for adding Credential types using the algorithm:data format for something more secure like SHA-512.

Thanks!
- stephen.g.walizer - sgw@xxxxxxxxxxx